Rasmee Isan Soul
1. On Sunday, the Bangkok Publishing Residence bed-and-breakfast on Lan Luang Road — in collaboration with Jazz Happens and Sri Trat restaurant — will host Thai soul artist Rasmee Isan Soul for one night only. Tickets include a meal and three drinks from Sri Trat, with a bonus chance to earn a two-night’s stay at the Bangkok Publishing Residence in a lucky draw. Early-bird tickets cost 2,500 baht, while tickets at the door will cost 2,900 baht. To make reservations, call 02-282-0288, 086-836-9341 or 081-780-6229.
2. We all know Steve Jobs the icon, the tech-titan, the genius. On Monday, get a glimpse into Jobs the man at the FCCT’s Documentary Night, featuring Alex Gibney’s 2015 documentary Steve Jobs: The Man In The Machine, an intimate look into Job’s life outside of his prodigious work at Apple. The screening will be from 7-10pm, with tickets costing 150 baht for non-members (members are free).
3. The Reading Room Bangkok welcomes all bibliophiles to join their 15th Readrink book club, which focuses on four novels in Edogawa Rampo’s Akechi Kogoro detective series: The Case Of The Murder On D. Hill (1925), Dark Star (1939), The Spider-Man (1929) and The Black Lizard (1939). Hailed as the father of Japanese horror-mystery fiction, Rampo’s work has remained a staple of Japanese pop culture to this day. The book club will take place on Sunday from 2-5pm. Entry is free.
4. On Wednesday, cash in your paychecks and head to the Alex Brasserie on Sukhumvit 11 to treat yourselves with their All You Can Eat Burger Buffet. For 550 baht per person, you can enjoy as many you want of the six burger variants (with a choice of black Angus beef or spicy pork patties), including: Italian, Mexican, classic-American, blue cheese, Asian and veggie burgers. The buffet is from 6.30pm-2am. Email email@example.com or call 02-057-3079 to book your place.
5. This weekend, fans of the Danish jewellery brand Pandora should satisfy their craving for bling. In their Thank You Day campaign which ends tomorrow, customers will receive a bracelet (worth 3,000 baht) for every 8,000 baht purchase they make. The Rose Summer Collection adds a rose gold touch to this brand, known more for their silver pieces. Charms of blooming daisies, timeless knots and hearts bejewelled with cubic zirconia stones, all in a rose gold hue, steal the spotlight from their usual fare. Visit their flagship store at CentralWorld.